Parents as the primary caregivers must ensure that they and their children are taking the necessary precautions at all times. The Covid Guidelines for On-Campus Learning are reproduced below for your convenience.
Students must not attend school if…
- they display any of the symptoms of Covid-19, including fever (more than 100 degrees Fahrenheit), cough, sneezing and shortness of breath (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline);
- they have recently interacted with an individual who is Covid-19 positive, or they have returned from international travel within the past two weeks.
School staff will check each student’s temperature upon arrival at the campus.
- Any student displaying the above-mentioned symptoms may be asked to return home.
- It is the parents’ responsibility not to send their children to school if they have any of the above symptoms. Please be vigilant.
- Any student who develops Covid-19 related symptoms during the school day will be sent to designated areas. If needed, parents will be called for prompt pickup.
What to Bring to School
Face Masks: “No Mask, No Entry.”
- All students are to wear labelled face masks at all times, during travel and schooling.
- Surgical masks are preferable. Cloth masks are also acceptable.
- Please ensure that your child knows how to wear and handle the mask properly. YouTube videos are available.
Hygiene Pack: Each student to carry…
- two additional face masks labelled and securely kept in a pack inside the school bag;
- personal hand sanitiser in their pocket or school bag (as an added measure, hand sanitiser will be made available to students in classrooms during the day, insha’allah); and
- a pocket-sized pack of tissue paper.
Snacks and water
- The student canteen will not be operational. Therefore, parents are to please ensure that their child arrives well fed in the morning and is carrying adequate homemade snacks.
- Water coolers will not be operational. Students must carry drinking water in flasks or suitable water bottles for the day.
Maintain Good Hygiene
Students must adhere to good hygiene practices at all times – in school and at home. Please educate your children. YouTube videos are useful.
- wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- use hand sanitiser wherever appropriate;
- avoid touching their face (eyes, nose, mouth) or the face mask; girls’ hair must be tied back neatly to minimise the need for touching the face.
- keep their mouth and nose covered with a mask at all times;
- avoid touching common surfaces such as rails, doorknobs, grills or window panes; and
- refrain from sharing belongings with peers including stationery items, books, water bottles, lunch, etc.
We will be continuously evaluating the processes and outcomes in the best interest of the school community and revising the guidelines accordingly from time to time, or as per instructions from the Government authorities.