NEW UPDATE: [GS 01 March] In line with Government directives, Generation’s will remain closed for students of all grade levels until 13th March.
Please continue to check the website regularly for updates and learning guidelines.
Following the two-day government-mandated school closure,
Generation’s will be resuming teaching and learning activities for all grade levels on Monday, 02 March, insha’allah.
It is worth remembering that the threat levels in Karachi for the Covid-19 Coronavirus continue to be relatively low. Only a very small proportion of those who display symptoms may actually be infected with the Coronavirus, and it is only a tiny fraction of these infected cases that may lead to any severe illness. However, given the rapid spread of the virus across the globe — and the likelihood of local cases — we must pray for the safety and well-being of our children and our families; and it is the responsibility of all individuals, families and institutions to take due precautions, for everyone’s benefit.
In this regard, all parents are urged to play a strong role in these local and global efforts:
- Please ensure that all individuals in your household are washing hands regularly and thoroughly. Other good practices of hygiene are also to be actively encouraged, including the use of tissues for sneezing or coughing, avoiding touching faces, and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
- Please refrain from sending students to school if they have symptoms that may possibly be related to the Coronavirus, such as fever, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, watery eyes or wheezing. Students who display such symptoms while in school shall be asked to return home.
- Do get in touch with the Front Office if the student (or a member of household) has had any travel history over the past one month that includes countries with Coronavirus epidemics, most notably China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, Bahrain, Singapore and Hong Kong; or has otherwise come into contact with a known Coronavirus patient at any point in time.
For its part, Generation’s School is in the process of implementing a range of temporary measures and precautions over the coming days that will continue to be in effect until further notice. These include:
- Awareness and encouragement of students and staff towards good practices such as hand washing, as well as the preparedness of staff for active management of anticipated uncertainties and threats.
- Minimising all avoidable large-scale interactions and inter-mingling amongst students and staff, such as assemblies, field trips and large-scale events.
- Special measures are being taken to regularly disinfect students’ hands as well as various critical parts of the school facilities that students tend to touch frequently, e.g. tabletops and switchboards.
Lastly, please do bear in mind that this is a globally evolving situation, and most of it is well beyond our control. We look forward to your complete understanding and cooperation as we attempt to navigate through these uncertain and unprecedented circumstances. Further communication and instructions will likely follow. You are encouraged to keep a close eye on the School website and Facebook page for updates.
“In the name of Allah; with His name, nothing in the heavens or the earth can cause any harm; and He knows and hears everything!” (Sunan Abu Dawood)
Senior General Manager
Please click on the link to download circular.